By Phoebe S Liebig,S. Irudaya Rajan
This pathbreaking assortment presents anything that has been lacking within the literature on getting older in India, specially for non-Indian audiences: reports of varied points of getting older in India mixed with analyses of present regulations, coverage tendencies and suggestions. you will learn getting older concerns from various perspectivesdemographic foundations, social and relatives kinfolk, economics, health and wellbeing and incapacity, present interventions, and advocacy and coverage. An getting older India additionally offers you updated references, factors of transformations and similarities inside India's various inhabitants, examples of courses in quite a few settings together with a geriatric health facility, a tremendous NGO, and old-age houses, and an outline of the improvement of India's nationwide coverage on getting older. the place applicable, comparisons with U.S. coverage ways are noted.
An getting older India: views, clients, and rules examines:
- the demography of getting older in India
- the present country of analysis on getting older, and the pitfalls linked to that study
- source of revenue, poverty, and the issues created by way of the inability of any common retirement source of revenue method in India
- the overall healthiness prestige of Indian elders and what their healthcare clients are
- the location for the disabled aged in India
- elder abuse within the Indian context
- social networks and grassroots enterprises for seniors in India
- the function of Indian geriatric hospitals and old-age houses
The insights of the pinnacle researchers and practitioners who contributed to An getting older India: views, customers, and regulations will strike domestic with their opposite numbers worldwide. Make this e-book part of your professional/teaching assortment today!
Read Online or Download An Aging India: Perspectives, Prospects, and Policies PDF
Similar gerontology books
Bachelorarbeit aus dem Jahr 2011 im Fachbereich Soziologie - regulate, observe: 3,0, Universität Wien (Bildungswissenschaft), Veranstaltung: Theoretische Bachelorarbeit, Transzendentalkritik - Alter(n)spädagogik - warum und wozu? , Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Im Jahr 2011, dem Jahr der Freiwilligenarbeit in Europa, ist der Ruf nach ehrenamtlichem und/oder bürgerschaftlichem Engagement der Menschen von Politik und sozialen Insititutionen lauter als bisher zu vernehmen.
Unique a Doody's center name! "This quantity is likely one of the top practice-oriented books on psychological well-being and getting older that i've got learn. i'm hoping that the arrival years will see substantial advancements in outreach to depressed older adults. This e-book lays an excellent and credible beginning for those efforts.
In his seminal textual content Society of Captives, Gresham Sykes discusses the final pains of imprisonment to which all prisoners are subjected: the deprivation of liberty, the deprivation of straight relationships, and the deprivation of autonomy. Sykes known that diverse prisoners adventure those pains in a different way, and therefore, are affected to a better or lesser measure by means of their time within.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2012 im Fachbereich Gerontologie / Alterswissenschaften, word: ohne, Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin (Medizinpädagogik), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: „Weg vom Geist“ lautet die wörtliche Übersetzung der Demenz und beschreibt einen Oberbegriff unterschiedlicher Erkrankungen des Gehirns.
- The Encyclopedia of Elder Care: The Comprehensive Resource on Geriatric and Social Care, Second Edition
- Social Policy for an Aging Society: A Human Rights Perspective
- Understanding Care Homes: A Research and Development Perspective
- The Craft of Life Course Research
- The Craft of Life Course Research
Additional resources for An Aging India: Perspectives, Prospects, and Policies